Professional Development & Trainings
The Attachment and Trauma Institute is committed to providing professional training for both our counselors and supporting agencies within our region who share in their interest to provide trauma informed counseling services.
Trainings are providing free of charge to partnering agencies within Central Virginia including local Department of Social Services, Schools, Juvenile Courts, Community resource agencies and regional hospitals.
Trainings we currently provide:
- The Neurobiology of Trauma Part I & II
- Understanding Trauma and Effective Counseling Interventions
- Understanding Trauma and Effective Discipline Strategies
- Ten Steps to a Peaceful Classroom
- Attachment Formation and Repair
- Trauma and the Body
- Parenting a Sexually Abused Child
- Counselor Development Skills Training for Trauma Informed Care (3 part series)
- Ethical Considerations in the Treatment of Trauma in Children and Adults
- Effective Treatment Strategies for Severe Behaviors in Adolescents
We accept Medicaid, self-pay and CSA funding. To request a training or get additional information please contact Dawn Chillon, Executive Director, at (804) 901-7911 or click here to complete the form.